It has been 6 weeks since we began our project and we are still in the thick of it. There is a light though… I think I can see it beyond the piles of tile, paint cans and empty bags of mortar and grout. Since my last post, the major accomplishment was that
1) I finished painting the walls
2) The tile is up on the walls
3) I found that elusive 42″x 18″ cabinet I had been seeking on Craigslist. It is solid wood (I think cherry) and was $60. It would have cost over $600 to have one custom made, so I’m calling that a win for the budget!
Here’s a picture of the one I was going to have custom made:
Here is the one we found:
Not the exact same thing, but I think close enough for a $600 savings. We are going to think about making new doors for it, but they might not be too bad once painted. I think we’ll paint it white, but I’m not sure on that.
Goals for this week:
1) Start and finish grouting wall tile.
2) Hook up shower ASAP and immediately take one
3) Hook up small sink
3) Begin laying radiant floor heat
4) Start laying the floor tile??